Monday, October 14, 2013

Sister Mormons

Van Buren is CRAZY!
It is a Marathon every day out here. We hardly get a breath of air. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Thank you to Cheryl for the letter. I needed it WAY bad, and I got it in PERFECT timing. You.are.the.best.
And Mom, I FINALLY got your package...luckily the food was still decent enough to eat...I choked it down...Just kidding. I basically inhaled it.  SO good.
 
This week was Penny Surfing week. Fall is comin on in quite nicely, so the wind is PERFECT. I highly encourage it!
 
But the most exciting part of the week was on Wednesday. I get a call from the Mission Office. Sister Boll says, "MAYBE IT'S YOUR VISA!!!" Soooo now I'm freaking out. It totally could be...But it wasn't instead I hear, "Hi, Sister Huskey. I just got of the phone with your Mother.."
In my head I AUTOMATICALLY think: "Who died?!" and "How could I have POSSIBLY made her mad all the way from here?" and a slew of other things. I really did think someone had died though. Turns out she just wanted to know if I had gotten her package yet...which I didn't, but I did on friday and it was awesome.
 
One of the best stories this week was when Andrew came out with us to do some lessons.  The first one was with an investigator who we just taught the Law of Chastity to. So we were following up. This guy is like....really old. But he says, "you know, in my day, I was pretty permiscuous...(turns to poor little Andrew) What about you!?" Bahahhaha. oh man. so funny. Sorry Andrew. He took it like a Champ though.
 
The best part about being down here is probably getting to hear about what everyone things about the Government shutdown. NO ONE know anything, here are some of the golden ones:
We ask: "So what's the deal with the Gov. shut down?"
 
"Well...all I know is that we're all going to be living in the woods soon"
 
"They said that they're going to change the national anthem to 'Party in the USA'!!!"
 
"All I know is that we have a Muslim for President!"
 
B:"It's our President's fault! And he wasn't even born in the USA!!!"
us: "Where was he born then?"
B:"He was born...out...in one of those...other foreign countries!!!"
 
Bahhahaha. SO classic. Gotta love it.
 
We also have a pretty lively Sunday school class. It keeps me going. I look forward to it every week. It's a hilight FOR SURE.
(email me if you want to know the full story ;])
 
Ahhhh..yep, that's about it.
 
Have a great week everybody!
Love,
Sister Huskey #2
  

No comments:

Post a Comment